Increasing the energy efficiency of horticultural lighting systems
GLASE researchers at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute are developing new research LED lighting systems to reduce, to a practical level, the electrical energy consumption used by LED lighting in greenhouse applications. LED fixture development will be carried in multiple phases. Successive improvements on core LED packaging, thermal management, optical systems and driver technologies are being developed by GLASE and its industry members to adapt GLASE technology for commercial LED greenhouse lighting products.
Find more about our areas of work:
- Improved High Refractive Index (RI) Encapsulants
- Use of different Green LEDs for crop growth and development
- Improved Thermal Management
- High efficiency wide bandgap LED drivers
- LED Fixture design and testing