Understand how your operation uses energy at the greenhouse level and crop level.
Use technology scoring of your facility to understand how your energy systems compare with commercially available equipment.
Identify the main sources of energy use for your greenhouse and improve energy efficiency for your crop production.
Help the greenhouse database grow in content and accuracy. Benefit from yearly State of Industry reports based on nationwide data. Inform energy saving programs to decrease greenhouse gas emissions within NYS.
How it Works
To Apply to the Program:
- Fill out the online application for an Agriculture Energy Audit with NYSERDA and select the Greenhouse Benchmarking Report option as your area of interest.
- Fill out this short form indicating the size and lighting system of your greenhouse.
- Wait to be contacted by NYSERDA and a Flex Tech Consultant
Applications can also be mailed to:
Attn: Agriculture Energy Audit Program Administrator
A FlexTech Consultant will contact you to answer any questions you have and to schedule a visit to your site to collect data on the facility, systems, energy use, and crop production.
NYSERDA will send you a comprehensive report summarizing and interpreting all collected data. Your report will include a benchmark comparison to other greenhouses of similar characteristics with pictures, charts, and other visuals to enhance your understanding.
Sections of the Report:
- Facility operations overview with current baseline energy usage data
- Analysis of usage data and greenhouse equipment that quantifies relative energy performance of greenhouses and crop production
- Technology scoring and upgrade recommendations that can be used to improve energy performance.
Your report will include personalized recommendations on how to improve energy use efficiency in your greenhouse based on your data, explaining available technologies that fit your operation. Make upgrades to your management and technology and start tracking improvements!
Get Started Now
Who will have access to my data?
Only NYSERDA and GLASE will have access to your data under your greenhouse’s name. All industry reports and benchmark comparisons will keep greenhouse identities anonymous.
Do I have to pay?
No! Participation is voluntary and free.
Do I have to be a member of GLASE?
No! Any greenhouse may participate.
What are the eligibility requirements?
Applicants must be a USDA-defined farm ($1000+ a year agricultural products produced and sold) and greenhouse facility, be customers of New York State investor-owned utilities, and contribute to the electric System Benefits Charge (SBC) – check electric bill for this info.